cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-route the call from unregistered IP phone to route pattern

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

If we have a IP phone number 100 but unregistered and have a route pattern 100 throw to a siemens, Why the call doesn't go to this route pattern?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming there is no CFUR or any other call forward behavior configured in that DN, simply because that's NOT how call routing works, you won't automagically hunt through other DN/patterns.

If there is a call forward behavior in the DN, then you'd need to look at your CSS/partitions for call forward to make sure it works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonas Fraga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Faisal.Saoud 

Basically CUCM uses Closed Match routing process to check where to route de call based on Partitions available on your CSS and with a draw solve using it's order.

Example:

CSS_PSTN: PT_Extension, PT_PSTN

Directory Number 100, Partition: PT_Extension

Route Pattern 100, Partition: PT_PSTN

My directory Number CSS: CSS_PSTN

As soon as I dial 100, CUCM checks that you have in your CSS 2 Matches exactly 100: The Directory Number and your Route Pattern.

As soon as your PT_Extension are your first in order and we have a draw on routing decision, CUCM will route the call to  directory number (even if this extension are unregistered).

When call routed to this number, you can setup a Call Forward Unregistered Number to 100 with CSS which contains only PT_PSTN to "force" routing to your Route Pattern if this number are unregistered.

Alternate option are change Partition order if you want to neve matches directory number from CSS_PSTN.

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

If I want to configure CFUR on the lines and need to forward each number in this bulk 1xx to forward to the opposite same extension on the route pattern (1xx), how can I do that?

Hi,

My understanding and based on your second post is that you have a Cisco IP phone on extension 100 and a phone registered to a Siemens PBX also on extension 100 and you want the call to route to the Siemens phone if the Cisco phone is unregistered?

One way might be adding a prefix to your Route Patterns on CUCM which target the Siemens PBX so that they are different number range to your Cisco extensions, e.g. Siemens extension on "2100", set the CFUR value on the Cisco phone to 2100. You would probably need to route the "2" from CUCM to the Siemens PBX and then configure the Siemens to drop the "2" prefix when it arrives so that it knows to route it to the right extension.

Yes you can do that via bulk import/export by changing to same number on a different CSS which matches Route Pattern only.

ex:

Directory Number: 100

Partition: PT_Extension

CSS: CSS_PSTN

CFUR Destination: 100

CFUR CSS: CSS_SIEMENS_FORWARD

CSS_PSTN: PT_Extension, PT_PSTN, PT_SIEMENS

CSS_SIEMENS_FORWARD: PT_SIEMENS

If you want to use CFUR you can use a wild card pattern XXX to use the same digits as in the directory number.

What I think is a better solution is to setup SNR to extend the call in parallel to the extension in the Siemens PBX when there is a call made to the extension in CM. Have a look at the Feature and Services configuration guide for more details on this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: