Views
Helpful
Replies

Reach Me Anywhere configuration

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have a small question about the Reach Me anywhere configuration.

I have a setup in CUCM 9.1.1 and some end user are trying to configure SNR by their own under the ccmuser pages.

Once the alternate number is correctly configured, they are unable to associate the number to their main line and then the Reach Me Anywhere is not working.

I had a quick look under a CUCM 8.6 and there, the user has the ability to check and save the line association (see below)

Could you say me how a end user, via the CCM user is able to assigne the alternate number to his main line ?

Thanks,

Hervé Jacquemin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like someone opened a bug on it and developers closed it as working as designed:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug93371

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi.

In which way they are unable to configure it?

Adding a new destination to an existing one?

..or they cannot see the option to add a new destination.

Once they click to "add new" , add the new destination and selecting the right profile, they should be able to activate it by putting a flag on "reach me anywhere" option and then "save"

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello Carlo,

We are able to add the alternate destination via the CCMUser but in some case the line assignment is not  done automatically and we have to do it via CCMadmin. See my tests:

If I create a new Alternate Number for “Reach Me Anywhere” and assign this number to a Remote Destination Profile then the Line Association is checked by default.

But when I create a new Alternate Number for “Reach Me Anywhere” and assign this number to a Dual Mode Phone device (Cisco Jabber for iPhone - TCT) then the Line Association  is not checked.

This is because the user interface creates a Remote Destination for a Remote Destination Profile and not a Mobile Identity for a Dual Mode Phone device (TCT).

If the administrator creates a Mobile Identity for a Dual Mode Phone, then you don’t need a Line Association.

So to avoid the problem with the Line Association not selected, they should create a Remote Destination Profile and associate the Remote Destination with this profile and not with the Dual Mode Phone Device (TCT).

But the question is, is this behavior working as designed or it should be automatically assigned to the line ?

Thanks,

Hervé Jacquemin

I would say it is probably working as designed but one of the developers would need to confirm.  You'll need to open a TAC case to verify if this is the expected behavior.

Looks like someone opened a bug on it and developers closed it as working as designed:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug93371

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: