Views
Helpful
Replies

Read Only Access to RTMT

afischer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I wish to give a user read only access to RTMT, and no other aspects of CUCM.  I created a new "Cisco Call Manager Serviceability" role and assigned read access for the listed resources.

RTMT -> Alert Config

RTMT -> Profile Saving

Real Time Monitoring Tool

Then I created a new group, assigned it the new role and assigned the group to the the user.  When I try and log into RTMT with users account I received "Access forbidden"

Can someone let me know what other resources I need to assign to the role so the user can log into RTMT?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi afischer1,

Not sure if you found an answer for this one yet. If not, here is the procedure I tested in the lab for you to accomplish this:

1>          Assign "Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection" Group to the user.

2>          Create a copy of "Standard CCM Read Only" and give it a unique group name - let's call it "New CCM Read Only".

3>          In the Related Links dropdown, select "Assign Role to User Group" and click go.

4>          Remove roles "Standard CCMADMIN Read Only" and "Standard SERVICEABILITY Read Only" and leave "Standard CCM Admin Users", save it and assign the user group to the user.

You should now be able to log into RTMT. Also, even though the GUI lets you log in with this user id, it will not let you browse to any menu item and give you the error "User is not authorized to access this page".

HTH :-)

Regards,

Harmit.

Hello

No i havent found a solution yet, i'll give this a try it looks good.

Sure thing, let me know how it goes! :-)

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi Harmit

I could try your solution and it works to disable access to the "AnalysisManager" register.
I'm looking to also disable the "Voice/Video" part as well as the "System" part. I'd like to limit the access for the ReadOnly user to the "IM and Presence" tab.

Do you have any suggestion? Would be great.

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
Pascal