Views
Helpful
Replies

Real-Time Monitoring Tool 8.91

CiscoDOJones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get RTMT working on my laptop.    Using Windows 8.1 64-bit O/S.  Have downloaded RTMT 8.91 from my CUCM 8.6 system.

I install from Admin Command line path:>  CcmServRtmtPlugin.exe -I GUI

I select the path via the wizard and yeah all looks good.   At the end I get message saying that the installation of RTMT 8.91 is finished,but some errors occurred during the install.  Please see the installation log for details.

I go to the installation folder -->  log and the folder is Empty.

the main issue is there is no Desktop icon, nor can I find it from the Metro (or Apps) screen on Win8.1.    I then look in Explorer, but do not see any .exe files that might launch the Monitoring Tool.   All I have are .jar files.    which when clicked do not appear to do anything.   Apparently the Java Run-time Environment is installed as part of the RTMT install.

Can somebody help.   The Cisco doc "Chapter2:  Installing and configuring RTMT" gives no mention about this, and have not seen a similar issue raised in this community.

thanks in advance

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A similar problem exists with RTMT v11.X when trying to install on a Windows2012 server.

The installer proposes as default directory /opt/Cisco/... and reports some errors. After installing the JRE folder is empty and jrtmt.exe is missing.

To solve it: Right click the installation file, select Properties and adjust Compatibility to Windows 8.

Geert.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CiscoDOJones
Level 1
Level 1

Got it sorted.......Google is Awesome !!!!   :)

FYI.....once the file has been downloaded from CUCM Plugins.   Locate the installation file, Right click, Properties, Compatibility and enable compatability with Windows 7.

Did the trick for me  :)

Dave

A similar problem exists with RTMT v11.X when trying to install on a Windows2012 server.

The installer proposes as default directory /opt/Cisco/... and reports some errors. After installing the JRE folder is empty and jrtmt.exe is missing.

To solve it: Right click the installation file, select Properties and adjust Compatibility to Windows 8.

Geert.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Almost all of the Cisco tools use Java / JRE (or whatever they are called) and I have faced this situation countless times.

I would request you to go to java.com, check if you have the latest Java/JRE (they have a tool for that) and most importantly , uninstall any older and incompatible versions of the Java / JRE

Once Java is fixed, I am sure the RTMT will work.

Let us know, how it goes.

HTH