cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rebiuld CUCM Publisher without Security password

mhm_ameen
Level 1
Level 1

hi, our infrastuctures have one CUCM publisher, CUC Publisher and IMP Publisher hosted on the cloud and all subscibers are hosted in our H.O , we are going to cut cloud services and want to bring all the publishers to H.O, curruntly since its managed service from the cloud we dont have any admin password or security password and cloud provider dont want to give them. my idea if i access subscibers though ESXI console and reset OS / Apllication username and password and reset security password then create full backup using DRS will i be able to rebild the Publishers, really lost here and dont know what are my options ??

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

These informations must match the original publisher installation:

• IP address (netmask, gateway)
  • Host name
  • Domain name
  • Security passphrase
  • Exact CUCM version

At the CUCM Cluster you have only one Pub so the sec password must match at the entire cluster.

My question you are UCM Cloud? Or the CUCM is just hosted and the connections to the pub are through vpns?

This cluster is only for your or is providing services to another customer? Because if is providing services to another customer i think they will not give the credentials for you!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Thanks Leonardo ,

CUCM is like what you said CUCM is just hosted and the connections to the pub are through vpns and as mentioned they dont want to share credentilas because they are providing services to another customer.

what we can do here if you can advice since CUCM, CUC and IMP Puplsher are all on the cloud

Ok,

So your are using the On premisses CUCM.

My question why them cannot provide you the credentials?

Because without the right credentials you cannot made this restore.

You must match these informations:

• IP address (netmask, gateway)
  • Host name
  • Domain name
  • Security passphrase
  • Exact CUCM version

Otherwise you cannot make the restore.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

my idea if i access subscibers though ESXI console and reset OS / Apllication username and password and reset security password.

No thats not going work. security password should the same for both publisher and subscriber. To change the publisher OS password, you need to login to the publisher CLI. Publisher OS password cannot be changed from subscriber. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: