Views
Helpful
Replies

Rebuild Suscriber server CUCM 5.1(2) with Recovery Disk

ivan.garrido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to rebuild a suscriber server CUCM 5.1.2 (reinstall the SW CUCM in this).....But I only have the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Recovery Disk for 5.1(2) that I burned from 5.1.2.1000-11_recovery.iso after download that from CCO.

Can I use this Recovery Disk for 5.1(2) to install the CUCM SW in the suscriber server and rebuild this?

The node and device licences are loaded in the Publisher, and this server is work fine, then I understood that there´snt problem with the licensing.

Thanks for your help!!!!

10 Replies 10

Atul Khanna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ivan,

You cannot use a recovery disk to install a CUCM SW.

-Atul

Please rate, if this helps!!

Thanks Atul!

Please, let me say you, I´m tryng to download or obtain the install cd...but I still can´t.

The CCM that We are using is 5.1.2.1000-11.

Actually, I have the 5.1.2.1000-11_recovery.iso and I burned a booteable disc..When I use this booteable disc in a server I I see the "Installer CCM 5.1.2 Menu" on the screen....Why? Then the question is ... what can I really use this CD for? recovery file system only? other uses?

Thanks for you help!!!

We do not provide bootable media online, if you need a bootable media you need to order it thru PUT.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

recovery.iso is only used for system check only, you can't rebuild the system with recovery disk.

you need a bootable media to rebuild the syste

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Thanks Vipul & Java.

Ivan G.

Hi,

Thanks you for your help.

Please your recomendation about that:

I have a CCM Publisher with this detail:

Partition Versions
Active Version: 5.1.2.1000-11

Inactive Version: 

Active Version Installed Software Options
cm-locale-es_ES-5.1.1.2000-1.cop
cmterm-devicepack5.1.2.3128-1.cop
localeinstaller

The Suscriber server  failed and I need to rebuild it.

For the hand hand, to rebuild the Suscriber I have:

CCM 5.1.1 Intallation DVD

cisco-ipt-k9-patch5.1.2.1000-11.tar.gz.sgn file

cm-locale-es_ES-5.1.1.2000-1.cop.sgn file

cmterm-devicepack5.1.2.3128-1.cop.sgn file

I understand that I can upgrade to ccm 5.1.2-1000-11 during installation of ccm 5.1.1, but my question is if after that,  I can to install the cm-locale-es and cmterm-devicepack5.1.2.3128 options directly?

Thanks a lot!!!

Ivan,

no, you can't install the cm-locale-es and devicepack option directly.

you need to build the subscriber and after that you can install the above options.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Thanks Vipul,

I understand.

Then, I´ll install the CCM 5.1.1 on Suscriber and will make upgrade during installation (to 5.1.2.1000-11), after that, the Suscriber will have the Database from Publisher, but with mismacth on cm-locale and devicepack....this is not a problem? I I mean, Can I connect to web page of suscriber and install the cm-locale-ES and devicepack without problem?

Thanks and regards.

Iván.

yes, you will be able to connect to the subscriber webpage wothout any problem  and able to apply the device pack and locale after the installation.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Thanks a lot Vipul,

I´ll perform this procedure.

Regards.

Iván.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: