cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receive only hotline phone keeps calling itself.

DarrensShen8463
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm trying to configure hotline phones using CuCM using two 8841s following the Cisco configuration guide and some threads I found. I got the call only phone to call the receive only phone but the problem is with the receive only phone. The receive only phone calls itself when it goes off the hook. I'm wondering if anyone else had to troubleshoot an issue like this and if they have suggestions on where to look for the problem. Thanks for your time!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you do it with a SIP Dial Rule and an empty Translation Pattern?

It sounds like you either did one or both of the following:

1) Used the same SIP Dial Rule on both phones; you should only use it on the non-receive only phone (the send phone)

2) Used the same CSS on both phones; you should only use the hotline or plar CSS on the send phone, and a normal CSS on the receive phone

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you share what you have used to configure and or how you set it up?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Found the issue, had both phones using the same SIP Dial Rule. Appreciate the quick response though!

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you do it with a SIP Dial Rule and an empty Translation Pattern?

It sounds like you either did one or both of the following:

1) Used the same SIP Dial Rule on both phones; you should only use it on the non-receive only phone (the send phone)

2) Used the same CSS on both phones; you should only use the hotline or plar CSS on the send phone, and a normal CSS on the receive phone

It was the first one. Had both phones using the same SIP Dial Rule. Appreciate the help! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: