cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reception user request to have access to change call forwarding on all phones in cucm

July sall
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

we have user sitting in reception and request to have access call forwarding for all the phones in the office. so when user not in office they can just change it to a number. (3000phones)

can you please give me some options or exisiting product we can buy? like just type in source phone number and desitnation phone number?

(option 3, don't like)what i know is CUCM limited the page to DN only, but user seems still have options to delete the DN. (too hard for user to use cucm page)

(option 2)maybe using API and python script + building a website ontop?

(option1)is there any product we can buy to achieve this?

any other better options that you use?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i think find a fix.

export the DN with MAC address , setup 3000 userid with extensions and asso with single MAC.

will run the script every week and set user login password.(only share with reception)

this way reception will still use cisco user admin website.

thanks for all the suggestions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's a product to just do what you want, there are products like PCP which provide a lot more granular control over what you can do, but seem like overkill for just setting the CFA.

I'd go with option 2 and build something with AXL and a web front end to do just that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i think find a fix.

export the DN with MAC address , setup 3000 userid with extensions and asso with single MAC.

will run the script every week and set user login password.(only share with reception)

this way reception will still use cisco user admin website.

thanks for all the suggestions.

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

It would be easier if (and the responsibility would be placed on) the end user to forward their line themselves by logging in to the Self Care Portal (web) and forwarding their line to the required destination.  If you really want that onus placed on the receptionist you can either create your own API portal, assign the receptionist as a user to every phone so that s/he can support via Self Care, have the receptionist walk to the desk and enable forwarding from the phone, or configure all the phones for single number reach.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi July,

YOu can create an end user for receptionist and associate all extensions to it which will enable the user to use Self care portal to enable call forwarding. But considering the number of phones you mentioned(3000), this would be too much.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

thanks for the suggestion, but the speed is very slow after adding 500phones, take 2mins to run. like the idea of using API. but that means we have a webserver need to manage.

we have PCP, how can we give reception use that?