Helpful
Replies

Recieve calls from outside boundaries CUCM 7

badr_alobaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all;

Greetings;

I faced a problem, when I call the direct number of my company the operator say " Welcome to cisco prepaid calling card demo, please enter the phone number you wish to reach". After that,I entered one of internal extension then the operator replay " We are sorry the destination you are called is unreachable"

I understood that the CUCM 7 need to be configured to receive calls from outside numbers (Outside boundaries of the company). My poor experience in VoIP push me to ask stupid question. How to let the CUCM 7 receive calls from outside boundaries and forward it into any internal extension? What's the service that I need?

Best regards;

Badr;

2 Replies 2

badr_alobaidi
Level 1
Level 1

For clarifying the issue;

I need to call company's number, the operator pick up and say give me a number that you wish to call. The operator should transfer the call internally to the extension that I entered.

For example:

Party A: my mobile phone

Party B: CUCM

Party C: IP telephone Ext. 1122

Party A calls Party B, After that party B require a phone number. Party A entered the number and party B transfer the call into party C. That's it.

Hello,

The feature you describe is commonly known as an auto-attendant.There is nothing native to CUCM7 that will do this.

If you have Unity Connection or Unified Contact Center Express they have the functionality to act as auto-attendants.

In Unity Connection the feature is referred to as a Directory Handler. See link below for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag070.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: