Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended IOS for Cisco 3925 for Voice PBX Deployment

Hassan Hameed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!
I am newbie in Cisco collaborations. I want to configure my Cisco 3925 router as a PBX. I have installed PVDMv3-32 and have VIC2-4FXO card. Current ios version is 'c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M6a.bin'. so please suggest me recommended IOS and CME version for telephony services.
Note:  Right now the FXO card has stuck with amber lights and properly showing in 'Show diag' but voice-port and telephony commands are not working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UCk9 feature license is not enabled.you need to get the UC license to activate the voice commands.

you can go through the below link to understand more about the license and activating the evaluation license.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/understanding-cme-srst-license-activation/ta-p/3123270

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Refer Below Link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.html

can we know what commands you tried ? 

Response Signature

i am using 
telephony-service

show voice port summary
commands but both are not working.
i also got to know my cme-srst license also not activated so is that doing trouble?
Following is the license status
Index 11 Feature: cme-srst
Period left: Not Activated
Period Used: 0 minute 0 second
License Type: EvalRightToUse
License State: Not in Use, EULA not accepted
License Count: 0/0 (In-use/Violation)
License Priority: None

can you post the sh license feature or check the status of uck9.

Response Signature

Router#sh license feature
Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription   Enabled  RightT                                                                                        oUse
ipbasek9                 no           no          no             yes      no                                                                                            
securityk9               yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
uck9                     yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
datak9                   yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
gatekeeper               yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
LI                       yes          no          no             no       no                                                                                            
SSL_VPN                  yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
ios-ips-update           yes          yes         yes            no       yes                                                                                           
SNASw                    yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
hseck9                   yes          no          no             no       no                                                                                            
cme-srst                 yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
WAAS_Express             yes          yes         no             no       yes                                                                                           
UCVideo                  yes          yes         no             no       yes

Here are the feature detail. If i have to buy a license please let me know the part# or if i only need to upgrade my IOS please acknowledge me along with complete IOS file name
Thanks!

UCk9 feature license is not enabled.you need to get the UC license to activate the voice commands.

you can go through the below link to understand more about the license and activating the evaluation license.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/understanding-cme-srst-license-activation/ta-p/3123270

Response Signature

Now its working and feature is enabled.
Thanks NithinElu :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: