Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording SIP phone- CUCM 8.5.1

I am setting up recording (Eventide VR-725) with a 7962. Looks like I have it using BIB.

BUT, is there a way to record a virtual SIP phone?

This is a DN on an Avtec dispatch console. It is using SIP but no actual instrument.

Is there a way I can get it to record on my Eventide?

Mark

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Probably not directly on the SIP phone itself, unless it has a feature to do that. I am not familar with the Avtec application.

You could do it by SPANing the switch port to a recording server that supports span recording.

If you have a CUBE with SIP trunks you could use newer network based recording (media forking) feature on CUBE (IOS). 

I can try to give it a go- since it is a 'virtual' phone appearing at two places but I think originating from another it may be a bit of a challenge to SPAN it (have to be an RSPAN).

I don't recall, is there a way to send only specific traffic (phone) when doing a SPAN?

The one I did before was sending everything I believe.

(Cisco 3560X switches).

thanks

Mark

I wanted to do a followup on this.

I got the Avtec SIP phones to record.

I simply have them 'audio forward' to the recorder on the proper port (assigned to channel) and they worked fine.

I thought it didn't work right before, but now that the VoIP Gateway (Eventide) is gone it is working just fine.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: