cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recover from Upgrade Failure on Cisco CallManager

a.pinheiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have Call Manager 4.1 (MCS-7835-1000 RAID 1) and I would like to know how I can use the hot-pluggable drives to perform a safe upgrade. Let's assume I am about do an upgrade on my Cisco CallManager system. As a precaution, I will take disk 1 - ID 1 -(slot1) out of the array. The upgrade fails and I want to fallback to the previous situation prior to the upgrade. I Know that I must turn off the server, remove disk 0 - ID 0- (slot 0) where the upgrade was done, but my doubt revolves around which slot I should reinsert disk 1 before I turn the server on again. Should I reinsert it in slot 0 (where I removed disk 0 from) or slot 1 (where disk 1 was removed from).

Thanks,

Antonio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pbosio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you pull out the disk from slot 1/ID 1 then it goes back into slot1.

I used to pull the disk from slot1, put another disk back into slot1 and allowed it to mirror and then did any patches/upgrades.

Only once I had to revert back and then it was a case of power down the server, remove both disks and put back the original disk in slot1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pbosio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you pull out the disk from slot 1/ID 1 then it goes back into slot1.

I used to pull the disk from slot1, put another disk back into slot1 and allowed it to mirror and then did any patches/upgrades.

Only once I had to revert back and then it was a case of power down the server, remove both disks and put back the original disk in slot1.