Views
Helpful
Replies

RECOVERY DISK FOR CUCM

Dear All

One simple question

we have CUCM VERSION: 7.1.3.30000-1

We are experiencing the below issue

We are  unable to login to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and receives EXT3-fs error on platform

As i know CORRECT me if i am wrong with the recovery disk (incert disk , reboot and choose F) will fix this issue

My question is the CUCM is 7.1.3 and the recovery disk is 8.03 version..Normally latest recovery versions can work ok with older appliance  versions right???

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Basically it suggested to use the latest recovery disk but of the same train as you call manager version, in your case it would be 7.1.5, the link to which is:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282074294&release=7.1%285b%29&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

the logic is that recovery disk is used to rectify/correct the corrupted file system, as the structure of the file system is different in the different trains, that is different for call manager version 7.1.X, and 8.0.X, you need to use the latest recovery disk for the same train as your current call manager.

Hope this makes sense!

HTH

kunal

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Basically it suggested to use the latest recovery disk but of the same train as you call manager version, in your case it would be 7.1.5, the link to which is:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282074294&release=7.1%285b%29&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

the logic is that recovery disk is used to rectify/correct the corrupted file system, as the structure of the file system is different in the different trains, that is different for call manager version 7.1.X, and 8.0.X, you need to use the latest recovery disk for the same train as your current call manager.

Hope this makes sense!

HTH

kunal

Thank you kunal

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""