Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect An Outside Call To A Different VM Afterhours Question

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just wondering if this would be possible. Here is the scenario that our GM would like to happen.

We would have a 1-800-XXX-XXXX number be redirected to our General number 123-456-789 that Reception would answer during the daytime when the office is open but as soon as they log off from Attendant Console when the office is close, whomever calls from this 1-800 number would be redirected to another Users voice mail inbox instead of the reception general voice mail inbox.

Any alternate suggestions are also welcomed.

We are currently running CUCM 7.1.3 and CUNC 7.1.3

Thanks,

J

4 Replies 4

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

Use Time of the day routing on callmanager....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a03tod.html#wpxref46259

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

The way I read this article about time of day is that once you are past the certain time you configured users will get a fast busy signal.

IE> Time of Day is configured on a Partition to be Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 17:00. USER B is part of the Time of day Partion.

UserA calls UserB within this time frame is ok but if UserA calls UserB after the 17:00 then they would get a fast busy. This would be no good for us as I would like UserA to be redirected to a VoicMail.

Are you able to confirm?

Julien Franche

Systems Administrator / Ottawa

Tél./Tel. 613-786-0124

gowlings.com <>

No, TOD is exactly what you need to reroute the calls as you wish.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, I’ll try configuring this

Julien Franche

Systems Administrator / Ottawa

Tél./Tel. 613-786-0124

gowlings.com <>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: