Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect called party translation in CUCM

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

We have call forward setup for an e.164 number in CUCM. All inbound calls from the SIP trunk are with +1. So if caller calls that number, the call will be going to the e.164 number and forwarding to a destination number. My question is, there is any way to translate the redirect called party number (e.164) to a 10 digit number in CUCM? I created a translation pattern from e.164 to 10-digit for the same number and added a 10 digit DN with the call forward, but call cannot get through.

Call follow:

Telco-->CUBE-->SIP Trunk (+1)-->CUCM (DN, e.164) -->Call forward

Telco-->CUBE-->SIP Trunk (+1)-->Translation pattern in CUCM (e.164 to 10-digit) -->10-digit DN with Call forward  failed.

Thanks in advance!

14 Replies 14

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

In your example given, after the Translation Pattern has converted the number to 10 digits then what is that number supposed to match?  If that is the actual Directory Number of a phone, then check the Calling Search Spaces, make sure the CSS on the Trunk can see the Translation, and make sure the CSS of the Translation can see the Partition with your final 10 digit number.

The configuration you have described should work if all this is correct.

There is no issue with the attached partition and the CSS.

Existing call follow:

Telco -->SIP trunk (+1) --> Hit call manager translation pattern +13064776484 --> Directory Number 3064776484 --> Call forward to Directory Number 3067614761 --> Call forward to external number 3067913080 via the PRI.

Image 112.png

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Is that Setup message from the redirected call leg,  if so the what is the response from the telco?  Can you show the following Q.931 messages?

In the gateway you should be able to create a voice translation profile and set that to translate redirecting number before sent to the telco. That is as long as you don’t use MGCP, but who does that in these days. It is after all 2020.

Response Signature

If I read the first post correctly the gateway talks SIP to CUCM.  That may give the option of SIP profiles in case translation rules can't do everything.

In your first post I think you said that a call forward from an E164 DN worked OK, but from a 10 digit DN it doesn't.

Could you post the SIP and Q.931 signalling for an example of each?

Looking at the call flows described in the OP it doesn't even actually mention that the call forward would be to an external party.

Call follow:

Telco-->CUBE-->SIP Trunk (+1)-->CUCM (DN, e.164) -->Call forward

Telco-->CUBE-->SIP Trunk (+1)-->Translation pattern in CUCM (e.164 to 10-digit) -->10-digit DN with Call forward  failed.

Maybe it would be advisable @Yangjp715 if you where to provide the full flow of this call, broken down in all the steps from A to B so to say.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger. My goal is to translate the original Called Number and Redirecting Number to 10-digit format.

Existing call follow:

A (PSTN) -->SIP trunk -->CUCM (+1) --> CUCM translation pattern +13064776989 -> Called Party Transform Mask 3067614761 --> CUCM DN 3067614761->Call forward to external number 3067913080 (B) via the PRI.

Call can get through without any issue, but the original Called Number and Redirecting Number in debug are still in e164 format.

Translation Pattern:

Image 1.png

DN:

Image 2.png

Debug on the VG to PSTN:

Image 3.png

Have you created any configuration in the gateway to translate the redirecting number? Please post the parts of interest for the call routing from your gateway configuration. Such as dial peers and voice translations rule/profiles and where they are tied to your configuration.

If you don't have this setup yet have a look at this document for how to configure voice translation rules. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html

For original called number I don't think you would be able to modify that, if it would be possible likely it would be with called number transforms in CUCM that you set to use on the egress path to the gateway. Another option that comes to mind for this would be to use a SIP transformation in IOS where you transform the content of the SIP headers to rewrite this to your needs. For that specifics this document have ample amount of information. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html

Response Signature

It is a MGCP VG. I created a voice translation rule and applied it under the PRI on the VG, but no luck. Applied the called party transformation pattern on the VG in CUCM, not working as well.

How about if you where to actually read the information provided. In one of the first responses you got it was clearly pointed out that with MGCP you have not as much possibilities.

In your original post you described your call flow and from that it look like you were using SIP as the control protocol for your gateway. It’s nearly impossible to help you with this when the provided information has this many gaps. If you truly want to get anywhere with this you need to provide a better level of information.

Response Signature

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually, there are two VGs involved in different location, one is CUBE with the SIP trunk to CUCM, one is MGCP with PRI.

A (PSTN) -->CUBE (MGCP)-->SIP trunk -->CUCM (+1) --> CUCM translation pattern +13064776989 -> Called Party Transform Mask 3067614761 --> CUCM DN 3067614761->Call forward to external number 3067913080 (B) -->MGCP VG with a PRI.

I have opened a case with Cisco to see if there is a solution in CUCM to figure out this.

Of the top of my head I would recommend you to stop using MGCP and move into this millennium. These days SIP would be the favoured protocol to use.

Response Signature

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Any idea would be appreciated!