Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect SIP Trunk calls to FXO port

Hi,

This is the scenario. There are 3 branches, two of them are Cisco Call Manager Express and one of them is Elastix-based.

So, as the image explains, the three branches have SIP trunks fully operational. The branches are in different cities, so the numbers structure changes. In city A it begins with 2, in B begins with 3 and in C begins with 4. Every POTS number is a 7 digit number (2XXXXXX, 3XXXXXX, 4XXXXXX). And every user, in every branch, have a 4 digit number beginning with the city code (2XXX, 3XXX, 4XXX).

But, every time city A wants to make a call to a POTS number in city B, it goes across the A´s FXO line. So it charges a inter-city cost to the call.

The client wants that every time a city A user wants to call a POTS number in city B, goes over the SIP trunk to city B and use the FXO on the city B call manager.

I have made a pattern for city A. So, everytime the user dials 3XXXXXX, it does not use the city A´s FXO, but it goes to the branch in city B.

What do I have to do now in branch B´s Call Manager Express to redirect that call to a local FXO?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards

PS. There is  a diagram of the topology. Want to do what the red line is doing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

In this situation I would do an answer-address based on ANI so you are specifically identifying your site A and then just piggy back off the local FXO out.

So assuming you are sending just 4 digits over the SIP for each site:

Dial-peer voice X voip

answer-address "blah"

protocol sipv2

...(whatever else you need to configure in these dots)

At this point your CME at site B will take the call see that it is destined for a POTs line and it should send it out whatever local dial-peer you have setup for that site when they dial out to the PSTN locally.

EDIT:

Then again, you probably already have a general incoming dial-peer, the above design would just be specific for your site A and isn't really needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mauriciolanza
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem, any help is appreciated!

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It all depends on your dial peers and dialing habits, simply put, whatever you ask your users to dial on A needs to match the DP on B that is pointing to the FXO, do whatever digit manipulation you need to do so on either side.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

In this situation I would do an answer-address based on ANI so you are specifically identifying your site A and then just piggy back off the local FXO out.

So assuming you are sending just 4 digits over the SIP for each site:

Dial-peer voice X voip

answer-address "blah"

protocol sipv2

...(whatever else you need to configure in these dots)

At this point your CME at site B will take the call see that it is destined for a POTs line and it should send it out whatever local dial-peer you have setup for that site when they dial out to the PSTN locally.

EDIT:

Then again, you probably already have a general incoming dial-peer, the above design would just be specific for your site A and isn't really needed.