Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy

salmandhunna1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have 2 voice gateways have 2 pri's each.

my customer wants me to make a sip trunk pointing toward these voice gateways .

gateway will be h.323 as ISR 4331 does not supports MGCP.

I am planning to create 2 route groups and assign them in one route list.

I wanted to know if my pri 1 fails then call go through pri2 (here siptrunk1 will be used)

now when the pri 1 and pri 2 fails then how can redundancy be achieved that is how will call go through siptrunk2 to pri3 or pri4.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Initially, this statement is contradicting.

"my customer wants me to make a sip trunk pointing toward these voice gateways .

gateway will be h.323 as ISR 4331 does not supports MGCP."

If you are creating SIP trunk then your gateway should be running SIP not H323.

Now, Route-Groups will failover between gateways but within the gateway dialpeers will manage failover between PRIs. Another way on the gateway is to create single trunk group which includes both PRI.

Make sure that the service parameter 'stop call routing on unallocated number' is set to false. Another way is to use this command on the gateways 'no dial-peer outbound status-check pots '

thankyou for your reply

we need to send calls from cucm to voice gateway via sip trunk, and we do not have mgcp so we will need to configure our gateway as h.323

about the paramters i have already thought over it and your statement matches mine here.

what if the 2 pri connected on one of my vg fails , will the call will be able to go to my second vg through another sip trunk which ill be adding in RL?

If your cucm is configured for sip trunk, your gateway should be sip. You don't need mgcp or h323.

If you apply the service parameter I mentioned to cucm or the command I mentioned in the voice gateway then the trunk will failover. Make sure to change the service parameter retry invite to 3 and timer trying to 150. This is important for proper failover to work

my gateway should be sip and i dont need mgcp or h323 . customer asking for this design.

I can use ICT trunk if i want to send calls to h.323

If i am using SIP then ill need to allow-connections sip to h323 and vice versa

also ill be needing 1 voip and pots dial-peer for both incoming and outgoing calls.

Stop routing services are for MGCP as I know. Please let me know if I am wrong,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: