cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Router Call Manager Express with E1 line.

tranarison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I need to configure redundant CCME router with E1-PRI PSTN line. Cisco gives the way to workaround for FXO line but no recommandation for E1 line.

With FXO line, Cisco suggest using splitter connected to the 2 redundant routers. Is there a splitter for E1 line ?

Also, hox can I ensure that confiration made on the active CCME router will be automatically duplicated on the redudant router ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tsilavo,

The best info I have ever seen on this question is from CME guru Tony @ Cisco;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Voice%20and%20Video&topicID=.ee7f996&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2b092/36#selected_message

The problem with E1 PRI lines is that they will not be able to be functional on both routers at the same time (due to the D-Channel negotiation constricts). You can modifiy the connecting cable into a Y-type connection with one of the E1 interfaces shut down and only enabled during a "failover" time frame. This, of course, will require manual intervention :) The other consideration is that there is no "replication" of changes between the redundant routers, so any change made to router #1 will need to be manually configured on router #2.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tsilavo,

The best info I have ever seen on this question is from CME guru Tony @ Cisco;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Voice%20and%20Video&topicID=.ee7f996&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2b092/36#selected_message

The problem with E1 PRI lines is that they will not be able to be functional on both routers at the same time (due to the D-Channel negotiation constricts). You can modifiy the connecting cable into a Y-type connection with one of the E1 interfaces shut down and only enabled during a "failover" time frame. This, of course, will require manual intervention :) The other consideration is that there is no "replication" of changes between the redundant routers, so any change made to router #1 will need to be manually configured on router #2.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you Rob.

It confirms my doubt.

Thanks.

I rated you.

Hi Tsilavo,

You are most welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob