Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant VOIP

roshanverg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Geeks

I have a requirement to connect two offices in same company  with 60  users each through a t1 line to support internet access /file server and  VOIP. network should be redundant (24*7 ) operations similar to a call  center . should have VPN access and VLANS.  prefer cisco devices

If t1 line or a router fails there should be automatic failover method

Cheers

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

I think using PPP multilink can help you in t1 failure. And you can use CME redundancy in case of router fail.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi patel

Thanx

Can you breifly explain cisco devices need to install in two offices ?  what are the  WAN connections need for redundancy in addition to T1 line?  ?( do i need hsrp/vrrp) what is the best cisco device including VPN and VOIP ? what about firewall and VLAN ?

Sorry that my VOIP experiance is little.

Thank you very much

Hi

You can use two two Cisco ISR router at each site, they are good for VOIP design.  I think when you terminate your WAN on both the routers in the site, The WAn redundany will be taken care by routing protocol. And voip redundancy will be taken care by CME configuration.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate all helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

ok thanx since this  a point to point connection static routing can be used i suupoose ?   what about the firewall and VLAN setup ?    Also if this T1 line fails what is the back up connection ? will this create a single point of failure?     Thanx                  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: