Views
Helpful
Replies

Regenerating Cisco CUCM Certificates

edson_guevara14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I just performed an upgrade for a CUCM version 9 to 11.5, after the upgrade i found that the tomcat and some other certificates were expired, i would like to regenerate them so they may not give me trouble later on, my question is:

Is there any consecuences to regenerating the tomcat, TVS, callmanager, etc certificates?

Do i need a maintenance window? is this going to affect the phones? if so wich of the certificates would do that?

I hope someone can help me with this data, i've tried searching online but i can't seem to find out exactly what impact will this have

Regards,

Edson

3 Replies 3

Hello Nipun,
thanks for the reply, i have read that however it only gives a procedure, i want to specifically regenerate the tomcat, will that cause impairement on the telephones? (document indicates that some certificates don't but doesnt detail wich).

Thanks for your time if the procedure is mandatory then i will go ahead and execute it

Edson

Tomcat will affect any sort of a HTTP(S) request to the node(s). Phone services like EM or EMCC, directory services etc will be affected from the phones perspective.
I am assuming you have self-signed certificates only and not CA signed. Once you regenerate tomcat, the tomcat trust store will be updated automatically as well with the certificate.