Views
Helpful
Replies

Register Cp-8845-3PCC to local Asterisk & Webex (later) together

paulhubert.com1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm trying for weeks to make it work, Asterisk SIP (local) and Webex-(video)calling together on one CP-8845-3PCC (MPP) phone. Doesn't work.

What I've done and wat is working:

Local Asterisk PBX: Working with 4 extensions.
Working remote PBX (tru site-to-site VPN) 2 extensions.

Firmware update to latest 65.11-3-6MPPxxxx on te Cisco phone

1. I've made a Webex account.

2. I've made a QR code within the webex account.

3. The phone can, if he wants contact the Cisco server(s).

Problem:

In the beginning I rememver a 'activation' screen or possibility to scan a QR code, or enter manual a code. I can't find the function in the phone or in the GUI. I want to use my Webex-account so that I can communicate with video with other people or work. I have work Linphone softphone working with the Cisco 8845 internally with Asterisk, but externally doesn't work.

Can someone help me with solving this problem? Or isn't it possible at all?

Thank you in avance!

Paul

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

you cannot register one phone to two different telephony systems.

Either register it to the Asterisk or register it to Webex Calling

Hi,

Just for the record, I can't "add" Webex "as an extra service/app/possibility" to an existing phone?

It's all with Webex or SIP/PBX (various providers combined?)

The last one is pity, with an advanced phone like this and no possibility to add an extra "service", not even the Webex service owned by Cisco. #FeatureRequest?

Thanks in avance.

Paul

Just for the record, I can't "add" Webex "as an extra service/app/possibility" to an existing phone? --> No

"Webex" is not a "service". It's a telephony system like everything else, just in the cloud.

In both cases, you register the phone as a SIP device.

Therefore, you can register a device only to one system.

"Webex" is not a "service". It's a telephony system like everything else, just in the cloud.

In both cases, you register the phone as a SIP device.

Therefore, you can register a device only to one system.

Now I register to 2 different systems Asterisk & Yeastar (and in the past external SIP-Provider).

So... How can I register the phone with SIP in EXTx to the server of Webex?

The phone is capable to connect multiple servers at once, but I can't find the information how to use Webex as a SIP-server with server credentials/login/password.

Sorry If this is confusing, thanks for your help.

Thnks for the link.

But you can only register it to Webex.

Not completely clear. If I "activate" the phone, register to Webex, am I sill able to use (and keep) the other SIP-lines (local and remote PBX) (EXT1-10) -or- am I switching completely to Webex with the 'whole phone'?  Don't want to lose the existing lines after activation.

Thnx in advance.

I think, that's what you have to try on your own.

In my opinion, you will only be able to register it to Webex. Neither have I found anything about that, nor have I ever tried it myself.

Thank you for your answer. Maybe I will give it a try soon and update my experience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: