Views
Helpful
Replies

Registered 7821 phone shows a screen which says Services "Requesting"

UST GLOBAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a 7821 phone in call manager 9.1.2.11900-12. Phone is registered. But the problem is it shows a screen which shows Services on the top and then just below that, it says "Requesting". When we go off hook, this screen goes away and the expected screen comes and dial tone also comes. But when we go on hook, after some seconds, the other screen appears again.

-Hanson.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would set them as the screen shot attached if they are not already and not suppose to be used.

Jason

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Check and verify that the "idle URL" on the phone is not set. If there is an incorrect setting, it can have this effect.

Jason

Please rate if this helps. Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the phone configuration page in call manager. Secure Idle URL field is blank there. Is there anywhere else we need to check this field ? 

Infact, all the configured 7821 phones are facing this same issue.

-Hanson.

Also verify that the "Idle" and "Idle Timer" fields are blank and have no value. Is the Services information blank as well?

Can you post a screenshot of the device, showing the "Cisco IP Phone Information"?

Jason 

Please rate if this helps. Thanks!

Hi,

Idle and idle timer fields are blank. But, i saw in the enterprise parameters that URL Idle and URL Idle Time are configured. URL services is also configured in the enterprise parameters in callmanager.

-Hanson.

I would set them as the screen shot attached if they are not already and not suppose to be used.

Jason

Hi Jason,

This is to cater for all the phones in the cluster. Most of them get it correctly and shows the logo of the company. But for some models it does not work. I think this is the issue with the 7821 model also ?

Is there any resolution requirements for this model ?

-Hanson.

Hi Jason,

I have configured the Idle timer 0 in the phone configuration level and that seems to make the phone stop trying to get the logo and it eliminates the Requesting screen.

Thanks for your help.

-Hanson.

there is a bug

URL Idle fails on 7906/11
CSCsk33453

Description
Symptom:
Error when 7906/11G tries to display Idle Url.

Conditions:

"URL Idle" configured on "Enterprise Parameters" gets pushed down to the 7906/11G phone. As a result, the screen displays an error message if the image being pushed does not fit the phone.

The phone will display Select Service.. after the idle time has expire, and will remain there until you hit Exit.

Workaround:

1. Do not configure "URL Idle" in "Enterprise Parameters" but on each device, OR
2. Modify the .asp file that provides the Idle URL functionality to support the 7906/11G screen size, OR
3. Set "Idle Timer (seconds)" on each 7906/11G device phone to "0".

You are welcome. Look like the Bug that Aman advised is the worked around I provided.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I think 7821 phones are trying to contact the URL idle from the enterprise parameters.

-Hanson.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: