cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering MGCP

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem when i want to register my Router 2901 named ´RouterVallecas´ with a CUCM 8.6 always stay in ´registering state´

the ´debug mgcp packets´ is as below:

Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_parse_packet(312):[lvl=0]call mgcp_parse_header

Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_msg_ack(6876):[lvl=0]Entered
Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_count_active_mgc_msg_stat(239):[lvl=1]MGC stat - 192.168.100.2, total=40, succ=0, failed=40
Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_mp_get_not_entity(830):[lvl=2]Invalid parameter (pkt 0x340040F0 pkt->mgcp_parm_lines 0x0)
Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_check_and_send_pending_rsip(2116):[lvl=0]Entered
Sep 16 17:16:35.726: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_check_endpt_ext_and_free_rsip_info(3328):[lvl=0]Entered

Always repeat this ´Invalid parameter (pkt 0x340040F0 pkt->mgcp_parm_lines 0x0)´ in the traces, and this is the configuration:

Primary         Registering with CM      192.168.100.2
First Backup    None
Second Backup   None

Current active Call Manager:    None
Backhaul/Redundant link port:   2428
Failover Interval:              30 seconds
Keepalive Interval:             15 seconds
Last keepalive sent:            09:41:32 VERANO Aug 23 2012 (elapsed time: 3w3d)
Last MGCP traffic time:         19:18:05 VERANO Sep 16 2012 (elapsed time: 00:00:11)
Last failover time:             None
Last switchback time:           None
Switchback mode:                Graceful
MGCP Fallback mode:             Enabled/ON
Last MGCP Fallback start time:  18:33:56 VERANO Sep 16 2012
Last MGCP Fallback end time:    None
MGCP Download Tones:            Disabled
TFTP retry count to shut Ports: 2

FAX mode: disable
Configuration Error History:

RouterVallecas#sh run | i mgcp

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager mgcp

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 192.168.100.2 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

mgcp profile default

Any idea where could be the problem? of course in the CUCM is in ´unknown´ state and i put in the name ´RouterVallecas´

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Hi

Show ccm-manager

The name that you will see there is tha name that you will put in cucm

Then issue the commanda no mgcp mgcp in gw

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Thanks, but i have already made that several times but still fails.

Regards!

i
have this and is working fine

!

ccm-manager redundant-host (cucm)

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server (cucm ip)

ccm-manager config

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent (cucm ip) 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

no mgcp explicit hookstate

mgcp fax t38 gateway force

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

!

mgcp profile default

mgcp profile default

!

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

description **hhh**

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

!

Check that you have the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager command

Also be sure that the name is correct in cucm

The port 2427 is accesible between cucm and vg?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi!,

this is my configuration in the router:

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 192.168.100.2 2427 service-type mgcp version 1.0

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

no mgcp explicit hookstate

mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10

mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10

mgcp profile default

In the dial-peer voice i put the ´isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager´ and is the same name in the router and in the cucm, may be could be a firewall issue?

Regards!

Show ccm-manager and send the output pls..

Also check if 2427 is permitted into your fw

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I have 2 router, in one i have registered perfectly in MGCP with the CUCM at the first time, in the other still fails, so i think is a firewall issue because both have the same configuration.

I will check the firewall tomorrow

Thanks! and regards!

Hi Ivan,

Did you figure out what the problem was?

Thank you for your quick answer, I am dealing with this issue as well and the router must be in production in 2 days.

Best regards,

Yorick

Yorick,

You  need to ensure that the hostname on the gateway matches with the domain name you are using on cucm. If you have a domain name configured on the gateway please add this to the domain name on the cucm

e.g if your gateway hostname is router1. And your domain name is dcc.com, then on cucm the domain name to use for your gateway will be "router1.dcc.com"

Once this is done then reset the mgcp process on the gateway with "no mgcp" then "mgcp"

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Yorick,

Sorry by the delay,  no, I dont know what was the problem, i suppose a firewall issue, so i reconfigure it to H.323 and all running at first time!

Regards!

Hi Ivan,

Looks like you got some very good tips on trying to get this to work already. Glad to hear H.323 config is working fine. This is almost always the case when MGCP doesn't work, H.323 comes to the rescue! One of the reasons for this is that MGCP is a master slave protocol and H323 is not. So unlike MGCP where the MGCP controlled endpoint needs to register to CUCM, H.323 gateway simply needs to establish a TCP connection on port 1720 with one of the CUCM nodes. Some of the things I would do to troubleshoot this issue:

++     Identify if the relevant ports are opened:

Gateway

Unified CM

2427 / UDP

Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateway control

Gateway

Unified CM

2428 / TCP

Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) backhaul

Endpoint or Gateway

Unified CM

69, 6969, then Ephemeral / UDP

Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) service to phones and gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/8_5_1/portlist851.html

++     Ensure the configuration is fine on both CUCM and the gateway. One of the most common mistakes are things like entering the FQDN on the CUCM gateway config page gets overlooked when you have specified the domain name on the gateway.

++     If it still fails to register, then look at running "debug ccm-manager config-download all", do a no mgcp / mgcp and check to see if the gateway is able to download the config file successfully from the CUCM and then parse it.

++     If the config download fails, then take a packet capture from the gateway and the TFTP server simultaneously to see if the packets are making it across the network or are they getting dropped somewhere.

Following these steps for starters would help narrow down the problem quite a bit. Hope it proves useful if you plan to switch back to MGCP :-)

Regards,

Harmit.

A quick feedback about my problem.

I was implementing a new WAN access to a remote site with voice GWs using MGCP. The WAN access was performed through an ADSL line and a HDSL line, for redundancy.

I finally found that when the MGCP connection failed, it was when the traffic was through the ADSL line. Everything was fine when using HDSL. All the traffic was inside an IPSec tunnel to an ASA FW.

After too much time of troubleshooting, we discovered that the provider was dropping all traffic marked with DSCP, so that the voice packets (MGCP 2427 UDP), but only when using the ADSL line.

I know, it does not make sense. They spent 2 days to find why on their side...

Thank you for your help everybody!