cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration Rejected - All phones after Upgrading to CM7

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

I have an open TAC case on this, but so far they aren't being very helpful. So I'm hoping someone here might have some suggestions.

Basically, we upgraded from CM6 to CM7 and no phone will register. They displaying "registration rejected" (no message about file not found)...

Anyhow, in call manager, the device actually shows up with a status of "Rejected" and displays the phones correct IP, so I know it is talking to CM. CM just won't let it register.

Anyone have suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do you have the feature license for CUCM 7??

Also check replication

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, license is for 7. I have plenty of available phone licenses as well.

Problem happens whether all servers have been rebooted to 7, or if (like last night) we just test the publisher.

Bottom line is, CM is rejecting the phones. The CM Trace file pretty much just says it sends a rejection, but TAC is further reviewing it.

Can you elaborate on the check replication...? Would that be relevent when testing the Publisher as well?

TAC Resolved the problem.

Turns out a bug in Data Migration from CM4 to CM5, set an Enterprise Parameter to "Not Selected".

CM 5 didn't complain.

Upgrade to CM6 didn't complain.

CM7 complained that the value was "Not Selected".

So long story short, a bug in the past caused a sequence of events leading up to my problem 2 years later...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: