Views
Helpful
Replies

Rejected status

Will Phinney
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone,

Has anyone ever seen phones go into reject status for no reason? The error on the phone is 'Registration Rejected : Security Error. This happens all over the company and completly at random. I have talked with TAC and they said they see a broken socket which leads me to the network, but I can't pinpoint it. Very weird. Thanks in adavnce.

-Will

7 Replies 7

Will Phinney
Level 1
Level 1

Also, if I move the device pool this fixes the issue. And sometimes I can reset it from call manager, but more times than not I have to unplug the phone and plug it in.

Hi Will.

Which version of CUCM are you running?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

8.6.2.22041-1

Hi Will,

any changes done in the configuration like adding of ports in Firewall or applying ACLs.

Which phone models are these?Is it happening for all IP phones.

regds,

aman

That's the other interesting thing. It's at complete randomness and no new ACL's and no new firewall..... The broken socket screams network, but I would think there would be so many more phones breaking at once.

Hi will ,

How many CUCM servers u have in cluster? are they working fine.

Is this happening for phones deployed in same LAN where CUCM is deployed?

regds,

aman

So I finally got a few more of these and span a port on the switch and looked at the traffic. I see the following:

publisher----- phone (register reject message) malformed packed

I keep seeing this and eventually it rejects all together, but why would the malformed packet happen?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: