cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Call-Forward setup

EDDY MULDER
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to make a setup where we can remotely change the Call-forward nr for a specific extention.

Can somebody explain how this can be established ?

Best regards

Eddy Mulder

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Eddy,

Not sure what you want to achieve but I belive there is a better way to achieve this.. Why do you want to change the call forward number? Is it based on time of day business requirment? Is thats the case then you can use either time of day routing on cucm or night-service feature on ccme.

Aside those, I am not sure there is a way to remotely change cfd setting other than login into CUCM/CCME to manually change it

Please rate all useful posts

The problem is that the nr we would like to forward to an other nr is a general oncall nr (mobile).

The nr to forward to changes on weekly basis depending on which person is oncall.

We are currently investigating if this can be done remotely by the person who is oncall, or if we need to setup a seperate phone / line to achieve this.

Maybe mentiod which system are your running ?

stu.hebson
Level 1
Level 1

We solved the same problem by forwarding the number to a Unity voice mailbox (with or without a greeting) and setting transfer to number differently for standard and alternate messages.

You can then dial in to the Unity voicemail remotely and switch between standard & alternate messages ... Simples!

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I don't believe you can do this within CUCM. You need some sort of add-on (Unity, 3rd Party auto-attendant, etc) to do this.

However, you've got to be *Really* careful when you do set this up, to avoid your system being used for toll-fraud. I would suggest only having a pre-defined list of numbers that the user can select from.

GTG

Stu - So are you new with these computamobots then;-)

Please rate all helpful posts.