Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Profile

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a question about the Remote Destination Profiles in Call Manager, there is one attached to a certain number in our customers call manager.

The customer states that after  4 rings it will ring the cell Phone attached to the RDP, now the customer says that internal this works but from external callers this doesn't work.

Is this normal operation, i can imagine something like this must be having activated, and that it isn't default operation just because it's external callers.

Can someone advise on this set-up a bit

Kr,

Yannick Vranckx

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The general issue with external calls is that you have to consider the PSTN rings too..In the past this is what has been the issue. SO you may need to adjust the timers on the RDP/RD to make up for this.

Please rate all useful posts

Dear,

So for example a number has a associated RDP, and when that number receives a external call it will also RDP?.

Kr,

Yannick Vranckx

Well yes..The call will be extended to the RD (remote destination) regardless of whether its internal or external..Not sure what you are trying to get across

Well the customer says that when a external number calls it it will not forward to the cell phone.

When someone from internal calls, it will transfer to cell phone

Hello!

What gateways do you have?

When you activate simple call forward on that IP-phone and call from external, does it work?

Regards,

Kirill

I have made that change, just waiting for the customer to confirm

You should check logs on your gateway to see whats going on..Do a debug and see if the call hits the gateway or not..The debugs you will use will depend on the type of gateway you have..

h323 gateway

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

mgcp gateway

debug isdn q931

sip trunk..

debug ccsip messages

Yes,

The site is using 1 BRI card with 2 cables, so they have 4 channels i believe. Since they are also making outbount calls it could be that he doesn't make an outbound call because the lines are filled.

I also saw when i called the reception directly it did setup a call towards the cell Phone with the correct "Called Number" but it still said "invalid number format".

If you have h323 gateway/SIP trunk, then check:

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

Regards,

Kirill

Is this on the RDP profile

On gateway/trunk config page