cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote installs for UC applications

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

I have many BE6K servers which are deployed in remote sites, can i use PCD to install CUCM cluster, CUC and CUP remotely? My constraint is that today  we need to go onsite and install it locally via Vsphere client

If I can deploy a PCD in the cloud can install multiple servers remotely now? Do i need to pay for each install I do in PCD?

Any recommendation?

Thanks Justin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes absolutely you can use PCD to install these applications as long as PCD can reach the ESXi hosts on which you will be creating these VMs. 

"we need to go onsite and install it locally via Vsphere client"

You do not pay for each install in PCD, there is nothing as such. PCD cannot be installed on cloud unfortunately, it had to be On Prem

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110_chapter_01.html

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

No, expressway is not supported with PCD, you install the the application by deploying the OVF file from ESXI, so simply do it directly via vSphere client or vCenter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes absolutely you can use PCD to install these applications as long as PCD can reach the ESXi hosts on which you will be creating these VMs. 

"we need to go onsite and install it locally via Vsphere client"

You do not pay for each install in PCD, there is nothing as such. PCD cannot be installed on cloud unfortunately, it had to be On Prem

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110_chapter_01.html

Regards

Deepak

In additional to excellent reply from Deepak (+5), you need to consider the bandwidth and latency between PCD and the location you are installing applications at since some of the Cisco install ISOs are over 5 Gbps and could take very long time when installing over slow connections or even fail. 

I use PCD on all of my new installs now and have done it my last 4-5 projects, couple of them were across WAN where PCD was installed at the HQ location and we had remove subs for CUCM, UCXN, CCX at redundant data center, this worked well, but we had high bandwidth WAN connection.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD is also going to require access to ESXi in order to do any of that, why don't you use that same path to connect to them via vSphere, and use the ISO images that should be in the datastore??

If you were already thinking of setting up PCD in the cloud, why don't you configure a datastore in there (I use my NAS over NFS for all my lab installs), and then simply connect the server to it so you can use it as an ISO repository??

Just some other ideas.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Can i install vcs from pcd ? Or what would be the recommended way to do it remotely? 

No, expressway is not supported with PCD, you install the the application by deploying the OVF file from ESXI, so simply do it directly via vSphere client or vCenter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: