Remote Ping from Cisco IP Phone - 7800 & 8800

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

CUCM: 11.5 SU4

7841 Firmware: sip78xx.12-1-1SR1-4

8841 Firmware: sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4

I am trying to follow below document on how to ping from Cisco IP Phone, however, I am getting this error:

The requested URL was not found on the web server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/collaboration-endpoints/cisco-ip-phone-7800-series/smb5662-how-to-do-a-remote-ping-test-on-the-cisco-ip-phone-7800-and.html

Has anyone tested this before? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Flo.

As suggested in the link this procedure is only for Multiplatform phones (MPP). This won't work on phones (Enterprise) registered to the CUCM.

Thanks.

Bijoy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It doesnt work in my case as well. Its a nice tip, so I will try to work it out...!!

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George, thanks for your reply.
I am able to access the web GUI of the phone but when try accessing the link format on the document, I am getting the server error.

I guess you are referring to this web link

http://<Phone IP>/admin/ping?<ping destination>

It doesnt work on my 8845 (even though I have enabled access on web interface of the phone), I will have a look

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Flo.

As suggested in the link this procedure is only for Multiplatform phones (MPP). This won't work on phones (Enterprise) registered to the CUCM.

Thanks.

Bijoy

Thanks Bijoy for pointing that out.

Thanks for the feedback! i didn't notice that...