cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote site phones not registering

ulambaday
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to work on a lab with HQ and remote site.

HQ phones are getting registered with CM but remote site phones are not..I am attaching the gw configs.

remote site phones are getting ip from dhcp and tftp server IP.  Remote gw is able to ping HQGW and CUCM.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Any help is much appreciated..

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OK, so your DHCP scope on the remote site issues IP address to your phones and the option 150 (i.e. TFTP).

so what is the status of these pone on CUCM? unregistered or rejected?

I would configure IP communicator or CSF device, and spin that up on the remote site, whilst running Wireshark, to see if you see any traffic (sccp on port 2000, or sip on 5060 or TFTP) to an from CUCM.

Is there any ACL's that could be blocking any traffic? Either way you will need to find out if your TFTP and signalling traffic (be it sip or skinny) is end to end

Also you can do detailed trace on call manager (call manager service) at the time of registration.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Thanks a lot for the reply

cucm 10.1.200.21 -->HQ GW 10.1.200.1 -----------------------------> remote site 10.1.100.20

1. Option 150 is correct

2. message on the phone:  configuring cm list,

3.This is a lab, no ACL

4. I checked in SDL and I dont see the MAC address in stationd.

5. I am using SCCP.

Hi,

Try to erase phone configuration and check again.

If still you are getting the same status then please share the status from phone settings ? It will display where it is stuck.

Also check the network settings whether the tftp address and CUCM address received is correct?

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

You still got to look at the basics, have you looked at wireshark? do you see any traffic between your remote site and CUCM? (you know you can set up packet captures on cucm as well if you wanted?!).

You will need to tick this off before you go up the OSI model.

Ajay Viswanath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try deleting the CTL and ITL files on the phone  and factory reset.

Regards

Ajay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: