Views
Helpful
Replies

removed missed, received, and placed calls from directory

Sarah Pongres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts -

I need to find a way to disable the missed calls, received calls, and placed calls from the directories of a few individual 7960 type phones.  We are running Call Manager 8.5.1.  According to my research and our Call Manager, these fields are under Device>Device Settings>Phone Services.

These three options are all set as enterprise subscriptions.

It looks like I could disable the three options, then go back to 95% of the phones that do need these fields and manually add the services back for these options, which would be very time-consuming.

Does anyone know for a different way to do this?  I put "disable" in the Directory field in the External Data Locations Information on the phone configuration page, but it only disables the corporate and personal directories, the missed calls, received calls, and placed calls directories are still active and I need those to be disabled also.

Thank you!

Sarah P

16 Replies 16

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think the only way to disable the directory services as you mentioned. you need to delete the services and readd them without enterprise subscription.

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

hello

If you will need to disable this , kindly find the below points

based on my knowledge , i think it is not recommended to disable from device setting -phone services (because all phones uses this) , if you will need to disable for some phones

1- system - enterprise parameters - url directories (make sure that it is empty)

2-Phone - device setting - common phone profile - find  ( you will find " standard common phone profile") please take a copy and

edit on that and

a-(rename it as common profile 7960) 

b-you will find  services provisioning  (select External URL) then save.

3-go to phone  - on the device page in the (common  phone profile) select the new common phone profile which you created  in step 2. reset the phone and test

Thank you

please rate if this will help

hello

If it is ok , you will find when you press corporate directory . You will find  " no services configured'.

Thank you

When I go to System-Enterprise parameters- url directories the field is populated:

http://ipaddressofCCM:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp

What should I do from here?

hello

remove the link.. This is the idea when users who you do not need to see missed calls ,etc when press corporate directory which is refer to external link which is empty , the users can not access . For other users will be ok to access corporate directory. I hope to follow the steps and share with us the feedback

thank you

But, if I remove this link, which is a part of an enterprise-wide service parameter, won't it affect ALL phones?

There are only a select few phones that need to have the missed calls, etc removed.

Hello

no , the other phones use internal url or default .Anyway you have to take the link and save it , if your test is ok after you remove it go ahead , if you face a problem you have can put it again .

Thank you

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sarah,

You're going to want to look at these great examples from Aaron

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3615646#3615646

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1083377#1083377

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

The first step in Aaron's instructions is to:

1) Copy the attached .xml file into your callmanager's c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP directory.

Is this accomplished in Call Manager by uploading a file in TFTP file management under Cisco Unified OS Administration?

How do I load the needed .xml file onto the C drive of my Call Manager?

Sorry for asking such a basic question, I'm fairly new to Cisco

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sarah,

Sorry I missed your earlier post

You'll need to keep in mind that the solution from Aaron was originally

posted up in 2007 when CUCM was CCM and built on a Windows server

base. So some of the references are no longer applicable on the Linux

appliance model of CUCM.

If you look at the last references to "Hosted"  solutions from Neeraj

and the "web server" solution from Aaron you can see what needs to be done.

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

I'm sorry, I am still having problems, I just don't understand what he means by hosting the xml file in a webserver.

Do I use Filezilla to upload it?

As an example he gave

http://10.10.10.XX/phone/clearcallhist.xml

Is the IP address the IP address of the publisher?  Or of the server where the phone is registered? 

I'm showing my inexperience here, I know.  It's rather humbling. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi sarah,

No worries my friend We are all here learning on a

daily basis so need to feel bad.

This would need to be set up on a seperate web server, so that

is what the IP address would be referencing here.

Maybe if you tell us why the Call History needs to not be shown on

these phones we could come up with an alternate solution?

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

We have a portion of our building that has numerous shared conference rooms with another tenant.  We are providing the internet access and various conference phones and 7960 type phones in these rooms.

When they were originally set up all that was requested was to remove the corporate directory access which I did.

Now they are wanting for the missed calls, received calls, and placed calls to be removed from these phones as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: