cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace an existing phone. Please power off the old phone????

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

We are running System version: 12.5.1.14900-63, just recently upgraded to the latest Service Update.  I plugged an unconfigured phone in as I was going to set it up.  The phone did a firmware upgrade and then came to this screen:

phone.jpg

I had never seen this before and am looking for documentation on this feature.  Is it new with this release or has it always been around and I just never noticed it?  Where is it looking for the pin number?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

That's  phone migrations feature  introduced from 12.5SU3. if you need to replace and old phone with a new phone we can use phone  migrations feature. 

Press Exit

How do you register this new phone, manually or using IVR ?

Response Signature

We normally register new phones manually, however if this new feature saves me time, I am open to changing my ways.  Do you have a link to the documentation on this or is it in the release notes?

Thank you

Is there a way to disable the message?

If the phone is pre-configured in CM you would not get this message.

Response Signature

I have my phone configured in CM, and this page still come up, i have reset all settings, but still getting this page

Do your phone get TFTP server, option 150, from the DHCP scope?

Response Signature

If you get  this option, i assume you haven't configured the phone properly.. Check if the Mac address and phone model is correct..

Check your network settings on the phone and check the status message. that give you more information.

Response Signature