cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace WIC/T1-E1 with FXS Card in Cisco router

Mike Shoop
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to remove any reference to the T1 card in 0/3 before I shut it down and replace the card with a FXS card.  How do you remove the 'Controller T1 0/3/0 and 0/3/1?? It is a two port card. I have shut the controllers down, and I have removed the statement "Card Type T1 0/3

I just want to make sure there's no conflict when It reboots with a different card in that slot.

there are no 'interface serial 0/3/X' entries.

Here is what's left of 0/3.

controller T1 0/3/0
 shutdown
 cablelength long 0db
!
controller T1 0/3/1
 shutdown
 cablelength long 0db

Does it matter if I just leave it in the config with a different card (an fxs) in that slot when it boots up?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be good to go, if that's all that's left in your config regarding that card.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be good to go, if that's all that's left in your config regarding that card.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, it's always good to hear from you, and you are absolutely correct: I rebooted the router from that point and when it came up the 'Controller T1 0/3/0 and 0/3/1 were totally gone.  When I saw that I shut it down again and inserted an FXS2-Port card and rebooted.

Now, in this case the FXS2 was questionable and the 'sho inv' did not include the FXS2 - so I removed it and let it go at that for now.

Many thanks for your help!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: