Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing 3800 ISR with 4300

Nebbieaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm replacing 3800 with 4300 isr router. Is there anything I need to look at? The 3800 router is H.323 Talking to voice provide with T1.  I know 3800 uses vwic and 4300 uses NIM . Is the connection different?  Is there anything I need to consider? 

Thank  you. 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are migrating Service from 3800 and 4300, as long you have configuration ported to new 4300 with latest version of IOS code, you are good.

check the compatablity with Provider circuits with modules you installing on 4300.

If possible if you have test Circuit to test on 4300 is good.  is the only 3800 in the network Serve the calls, do you have any other device where you can divert the calls while you doing this migration ?

if this is the only device then do in maintenance window, with backup plan.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji

Thank you so much . They Don't have another ISR to have calls diverted while doing this. There will be a down time.  Does anyone have a check list that can share when doing this sort of work? Replacing/migrating an ISR ?

Thank you

As long as you check the compatability and business agreed downtime, good to go for migration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Everything should work as expected, just make sure to have the compatible hardware in 3800 and 4300. DSP Architecture is different for both so make sure you have DSPs for Conference and transcoding if applicable.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: