cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report Physical Phones Vs Jabber

Bra2193495
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to track down a licensing discrepancy. My call manager decided to tell me today that it is over subscribed for CUWL licenses. It turns out that when my "Junior" admin has been making changes to phones he is not removing the Jabber devices that were previously associated with a DN. This means that I have too many Jabber devices and that is chewing up my licenses. Our standard deployment is that every user gets a physical phone and a Jabber device as included in the CUWL license.

What I need help with is a way to run a report to see which Jabber devices exist in my system and do not have a physical device as well. The descriptions for my devices are all standardized as 'First Last XXXXX' for all devices. I am assuming that might be useful as a search string to eliminate duplicates.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  •  You can generate the Report from systems>Licensing > License  Report 
  • You will see CUWL , Enhanced , Enhanced Plus etc
  • Now Based on Whether Owener  USERID is set for jabber or not you need to look under Users and/or Unassigned devices [ If owner UserId is not set look under Unassigned Devices else under Users ]
  • Click on the View Details to get the list. Under Unassigned Devices you can filter out the TCT,CSF,BOT Devices using the filter. For UserID you need to filter out devices with Device Count =1 and View Details For each device to filter Out

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  •  You can generate the Report from systems>Licensing > License  Report 
  • You will see CUWL , Enhanced , Enhanced Plus etc
  • Now Based on Whether Owener  USERID is set for jabber or not you need to look under Users and/or Unassigned devices [ If owner UserId is not set look under Unassigned Devices else under Users ]
  • Click on the View Details to get the list. Under Unassigned Devices you can filter out the TCT,CSF,BOT Devices using the filter. For UserID you need to filter out devices with Device Count =1 and View Details For each device to filter Out