cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reroute calls during new DID transition....

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has had any expierence with this:

We are changing all of our DID numbers within the hospital, the part that we need help with is setting up a way for us to communicate these changes to our customers. I know through speaking with one of our vendors that they can set up a voice messege telling people when they call the old numbers that the number has been changed then they are routed to the new number through an automated process. I would like to do as much as possible on our own as the vendors want thousands of dollars just to do this for us as well as it is a great opportunity to expand on my phone skills.

Any help in the arena would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, let me know.

~Ray                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can route the old number through Unity voicemail first, setup a call handler that plays the message and then transfer the call to the new number.  Keep in mind though that you will need to build and record different call handler for each number.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Cisco UC apps do you have to work with and versions??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We have UCM 8.6 with Unity and also have UCCX but it is not in use and have not purchased a license yet for it. I am trying to avoid having to purchase a license if at all possible for UCCX.

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, lets rephrase the question....

Is there a way to implement what I currently have to use both old and new DIDs then before it rings the phone to play the voicemail to notify the caller of the number change?

Thanks.

You can route the old number through Unity voicemail first, setup a call handler that plays the message and then transfer the call to the new number.  Keep in mind though that you will need to build and record different call handler for each number.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris