cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Password Cisco Call Manager

acastilloh5690
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Cisco Call Manager (System version: 7.1.5.33900-10) with a username and password that allows me configure it from the web interface. I need to do some configurations on CLI but I don't have the password need to access it. I tried the reset password procedure of using pwrecovery username and it didn't work. Is there any other way of recovering the CLI password so I can access it via SSH?

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you use the pwrecovery user from the console or from an SSH session? It only works from the former. Since you are 7.1(5) you might be virtualized, or you might not be. Which are you? Non-virutalized means having a KVM connection and virtualized means vSphere console.

I did it from SSH, and the solution is not virtualized, also I don't have the DVD, because it was a third party who installed the Call Manager, long before I started to work at my company. What can I do in these circumstances?

Doing it via console is mandatory, you don't need the CUCM install media, just any CD/DVD with data as that is just meant to confirm you're truly in front of the server to do the procedure for security purposes, otherwise anyone could do that via SSH.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much!!! Just a question. Does this password reset affects my current configuration? I suppose not, but still wanna be sure, because my Call Manager is in production environment.

No, just the pwd, anything else remains the same.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is the admin password the one used to access via SSH?

Yes, same account.

The last question, does this admin recovery procedure requires the service to restart?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: