Helpful
Replies

Restarting the TFTP Service

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: Version 8.0.3...x

I was just wondering if it is safe to restart the TFTP Service on the CallManager without causing any problems during normal business hours.

And hopefully I'm referring to the correct "Service" to restart:

Cisco Unified Serviceability  >  Tools  > Control Center - Feature Services  >  Select Publicher IP Address  > Cisco Tftp (*restart this one?)

If restarting this could mess with anything at all (i.e. calls being dropped, etc...) then I will wait to after hours, but if definitly NOT then I would like to restart it.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

grundle1322
Level 1
Level 1

I have only had 1 issue when restarting the TFTP service during business hours.  If your phones do not currently have the latest firmware loaded onto them, restarting the TFTP service will trigger an update to the phones that have not been upgraded.  The upgrade will obviously take the phones down during that process and cause an outage.  But if all of your phones are currently running the latest firmware on your CUCM then you shouldn't have any issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

grundle1322
Level 1
Level 1

I have only had 1 issue when restarting the TFTP service during business hours.  If your phones do not currently have the latest firmware loaded onto them, restarting the TFTP service will trigger an update to the phones that have not been upgraded.  The upgrade will obviously take the phones down during that process and cause an outage.  But if all of your phones are currently running the latest firmware on your CUCM then you shouldn't have any issues.

Hey grundle1322, thanks for your quick reply...

Ok that makes sense. I'm not absolutly positive that any phones don't have the latest firmware. But I guess it's better to be safe then sorry!

Thanks for you help.

Thanks Again,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: