Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore CUCM Publisher from Subcriber

Petr Kriz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have got 2 CUCM servers (Publisher and Subcriber) in system version: 8.5.1.10000-26.

Publisher crashed (disk failed) and now all operation goes throw the Subcriber.

I could not find answers to the following questions:

• What is the best practice for restoring Publisher? (on the web is full of different recommendations)
  • If I install a new publisher, how to provide:
    • Backup (about a month back) will not be restored - we need use a data from Subcriber
    • Note: We have got available Full DRS backup (but is month old)

Here I don't found answers:
CUCM Publisher Node Restoration from Subscriber Database without Prior Backup or Root Access
Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for Release 8.5(1)

Thank you and best regards,
 Petr

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How to restore a server is within the install and upgrade documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_5_1/cluster/clstr851.html

The answer to how to restore from DRS, and use info from SUBs to keep up to date, is in the DRS guide, carefully read:

RRestoring the First Node only (Rebuilding the Publisher Alone)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello, thank you, but I still could not find the requested information. I probably incorrectly expressed.

On CUCM during the recovery process is shown warning: "The following is applicable in case of a cluster setup : If you are attempting to restore on a freshly installed publisher,  only select the first node (Publisher) for restore. The subsequent nodes can be selected only after the completion of publisher restore. For further details please refer to the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide."

The last step is the selection of servers (cluster nodes) that we want to restore.

This page is (apparently) misleading information.

There is written (if I understand), if we do recovery a new cluster (it is new Publisher installation), we must first restore the Publisher and then the other. Although all the documentation indicates that restoration is carried out simultaneously as a single transaction and in this step we select all cluster members.

I do not want to get into this situation:

• I will install new Publisher from * .iso (keep original configuration before crashed Publisher)
  • Do upload all files (cog etc. as are Subriber)
  • Do restore Publisher from a backup (where the backup archive contains both Publisher and Subcriber files, because they were in a cluster) - how? I can not find this information in documentation, because I need to have all data from Subcriber on Publisher (ie. Publisher must not replicate data to Subscriber)
  • Restored Publisher automatically return back to the cluster with append data from Subcriber

Thank you and best regards,
 Petr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: