Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Subsbriber cluster 8.5

matthewlogan46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cluster of CUCMv8.5, the cluster is composed by one publisher and one subscriber. Now, I have to replace the Publisher server, because the actual publisher has stopped working. I have the new server, now I am goint to get the re-host licences with the new MAC of server, then I will start installing the same versión of CUCM, then I will restore the last backup file saved from two weeks ago into the new publisher. 

I have these questions:

The procedure, 1. Rehost licences. 2. Install the same version of the CUCM of Backup File in the New Publisher. 3. Install the new licences. 4. Restore the Backup File. These steps are correct?

What happens with the actual Subscriber?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mathew,

All the subscriber needs to do is to perform database replication once the publisher is back online.

I advise that you use this document to check your database replication once the publisher has been fully restored..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Matthew,

Your points from above:

1. You need to email licensing@cisco.com or raise a TAC case.

2. Yes it needs to be exactly the same version for the backup to restore!

3. Just upload the license file.

4. Run the restore.

With regards the subscriber. I’ve only done a restore once on a CUCM5 cluster where we lost the PUB. As the SUB is only a read only copy of the database, when we restore the backup onto the PUB it replicated its DB over to the SUB. Meaning the live config was as the backup date.

Hope that makes sense!

Good luck!

Matty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: