Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring Subscriber from the Call Manager cluster

MaximBudyonny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CallManager 4.1(3) cluster: 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers.

I perform regular back-ups with BARS against Publisher. Backups are valid and I'm quite confident about it.

Documentation for  BARS  (4.0.14000) states that

The following list shows the data that is backed up and restored for the Cisco CallManager subscriber database:

LmHosts/Hosts files

Publisher and subscriber configuration information to replication.ini file.

Cisco CallManager version to version.ini file.

If the option to backup CDR is chosen, CDR database and CDR/CMR flat files from Local CDR Path

TFTP files

Cisco CallManager DSN

I think that this data is not enough for quick restoration of the Subscriber.

Also book "Cisco CallManager best practices" says that reinstall of the Subscriber is faster then restore from backup.

Do you have any ideas/advices about backing-up/reinstalling subscriber?

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is faster to reinstall the Subscriber.  Generally, the recommendation for Reinstall vs. Restore is that unless you have unique files on the Subscriber then you should resintall.  The caveat being that you could still lose unique files (depending on what they are) even if you do a restore.  You would need to install the OS and appropriate application versions/updates and etc in either case...so, reinstall fits for most situations.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: