cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricted Settings Access for Phone Instrument

craig.pollitt
Level 1
Level 1

I understand the difference between Disabling/Restricting Settings Access for the phone instruments, however can someone explain to me why we can unlock the menu but then still not gain additional access to what's there? What's the point of unlocking it at all?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a clever guy could bring down your network if you leave all the config open, he could find out several things from your network and can attack it using that info. that's why the option to restrict the access only leaves user options available

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I understand the point of only allowing access to the User Options, I just don't understand why we can key in an unlock code and not gain any additional functionality on that menu.

simply because the capability is not implemented, it can only be done in the CUCM page.

if you feel this should be a feature, speak to your AM and see if you can submit a PER

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: