Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting access to PSTN/Telco Lines

kelloggs4life
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client that has CME 4 installed on a router and they use 7921 I phones. There are 4 PSTN lines connected to the router allowing users to make external calls. The configuration is such that 2 of these lines ring out at specific users extensions while the other 2 ring out at the receptionist's desk. When users want to make external calls, they are able to use any of the available 4 lines at random.

The client now wants access restricted on the 2 first lines that ring out at 2 different users extensions such that calls going out and coming in on these lines are tied to the respective extension of the user. Access however is still granted to all users on the other 2 lines.

Can someone please help with a sample config or a how to go about this?

Please see the router config attached. I have used thr trunk command here but its still not working, what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Femi

15 Replies 15

Hi, thanks for the appreciation, really no need to test further when a problem is solved :)

But if you do, let us know!

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: