cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax 9.4 - no fax tone after CUCM upgrade

borisdecout
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded CUCM from 6.1.3 to 7.1.5. and our 2821 gateway from 12.4.21 to 12.4.25e

Rightfax 9.4 FP1 SR4 was working fine before the upgrade.

Now we can't hear the fax tone when calling the server.

We see the call being picked up and rightfax show the extension and says brooktrout: receiving c:\program~1\RightFax\Doctra~1\................... but nothing happens.

Same problem occurs with H323 or SIP trunk and whether the call is internal or external so it seems that the issue is with CUCM and not the trunk or 2821 configuration

The call path is 2821MGCP -> CUCM 7.1.5 -> Rightfax SR140 (SIP or H323).

Any idea or pointer to what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

having been through severe pain with rightfax 9.4 in the past I would recommend that you downgrade your gateways back to the IOS you were running previously.

12.4 IOS has LOTS of bugs relating to T.38 fax traffic. on the 3 installs of rightfax I have completed, most of the problems experienced were with the IOS on the gateways.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

having been through severe pain with rightfax 9.4 in the past I would recommend that you downgrade your gateways back to the IOS you were running previously.

12.4 IOS has LOTS of bugs relating to T.38 fax traffic. on the 3 installs of rightfax I have completed, most of the problems experienced were with the IOS on the gateways.

That was it.

Went back to 12.4.21a and it works fine with both SIP and H323 trunks.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks