cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring-back Tone

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem, A PBX user places a call to an Cisco IP phone, and does not hear a ringback tone before the call is answered. The cisco call manger is 6.0 version and the H.323 gateway is the 3545 pri gateway. What can I do ?. A Cisco IP phone user place a call to PBX user, and tone ringback is heard.

8 Replies 8

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This could be attributed to the fact that the gateway was unable to determine the progress-indicator in the call setup and consequently could not cut-through the audio befor the call was answered.

You could try a couple of commands on the gateway:-

Initially configure the 'voice call send-alert' in global.

If this does not appear to working the configure the following commands on the incoming call-leg dial-peer. These generally hidden commands.

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

Rgds

Allan.

thanks allan.thomas, but this commands are avalaible in the Cisco 3545 PRI Gateway ?

Apologies for the delay, the information that I have provided in most cases will resolve ringback issues on call-legs between IOS gateways and PBX.

When you mentioned that you had ringback issue, I overlooked the fact that it was not in relation to IOS gateway.

Sorry.

HI ricardo, have you solve this issue? couse i have the same?, there´s one difference, i have a gateway 2600 series. Could you help me please?

Have you engaged the MTP in the CUCM by checking the checkbox in the gateway configuration page?

MK

hi MK

i already did, but don´t work jet. any idea?

thanks for yor help.

What kind of PBX do you have? Is it connected to a Cisco router? If so, make sure you have the "progress ind setup 3" command under the dial-peer in the router connected to the PBX.

MK

Hi MK thanks for your help.

i have this scenario:

a PBX Alcatel with a link  E1 QSIG to Cico Router  2620, and the Gateway is registered as H323 gateway at CCM 6. And i already configured "progress ind setup 3" under dial-peer voip. So is there a parameter tha i must to change at the CCM?.

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: