Views
Helpful
Replies

Robotic Audio

YAARUB F. MILAD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all ,,

I have a weird VoIP quality Issue  "robotic sound" in our LAN network. it isn't continues nor general because it happens from time to time, in one building and to be more specific one Switch as I was reported that it only occurred on calls where extensions connected to this switch were involved. 

*I checked:

• VAD =off
  • hardware errors on switch =none
  • AutoQos=configured
  • high traffic loads on switch =none

Network Capacity is 100Mbps

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the Video Over IP forum, please move to a relevant area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry , Thought it is voice

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the call quality statistics on one of those calls. Does it show a degraded MOS score?

If it does, then it's likely a QoS issue. Do you have QoS properly configured to: a) properly trust the phone's COS/DSCP markings; b) the COS to DSCP mapping is accurate; c) COS/DSCP markings on both sides of the uplink port to/from the distribution layer are trusted; and, d) the priority queue is properly configured?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSCampus_40.html

Hi,

Not sure what phone model are you using but during active call, double click on the phone help button (?). This will show the call stats.

Please share what you see for jitter and packet loss. It sounds to be QoS problem.

Can you describe your VoIP network as well?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: