Helpful
Replies

Route-group

kp-tkr2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I have a two pstn gateway ,

What is the best way of creating route group ?

Adding both pstn gateway into a route group or create different route group for each gateway .

In my case I have a two pstn gateway and tsip trunk .

Requirement is if sip fails , the call should go to pstn gateway . How can I configure route  group and route list .

But if the calls go to pstn the calling transformation mask XXX and  if it goes to the trunk  the calling transformation mask is XXXXXXX ( and in that certain DN'S  calling transformation mask will be  XXXX2001 . In that case how can I achieve this 

Thanks

6 Replies 6

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) You can configure Two different Route Groups and configure the required transformation mask at route group level to achieve the same. You can group two PSTN Gateway which requires same transformation mask in one route group and a SIP trunk in Another.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi,
"You can group two PSTN Gateway which requires same transformation mask in one route group and a SIP trunk in Another."
If we group two pstn and sip trunk in one route group what is the use of route list
Thanks

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer depends on other things such as local route groups. If you are using local route groups in your deployment ( and running CUCM version that does not support multiple LRG in device pool) then your only option is to group your gateways into a single route group.

A route list allows you to group multiple route groups. If you have more than one route group, you can assign them to a RL and then assign the route list to your route pattern.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

If I  don't have a LRG and I have two gateways ,

1) What If I create a RG RG1 and add both gateway into it and add RG1 to the RL ?

How does it works 

2) create RG1  and add GW1 to it , create RG2 and add GW2  to it .

and create RL and add both RG1 and RG2 to it 

How does it work ?

What are the difference between option 1 and 2 

Thanks

Have you read the SRND, dial plan chapter?

How this works is explained there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Thanks for the SRND . What I found If we use one  gateway or trunk in one route group , we can manipulate the digits ,Is there any other usage ?

Thanks