Views
Helpful
Replies

Route list problem - Cisco UCM8.5

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Cisco UCM8.5 route list and need your help.

Our cluster consist of 6 servers, CM service is running on 4 of them.

We have configured some CMGroup, let say:

- CMGroup1: CM_1; CM_2

- CMGroup2: CM_3; CM_4

For some sites, we use CMGroup1 for all the devices (assigned CMGroup1 to the Device Pool and to all other related configurations such as route list, gateway,,,). Things are OK for most of the site except one (let say site A)

For the site A, outbound calls can not completed, after dialing the number, we get a fast busy tone. This happened until I change the CMGroup used in the route list to CMGroup2.

This is very strange to me. Could someone help me explain this?

Thank  you,

hoanghiep

8 Replies 8

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are your phone at site A registered to cm_gp1 or gp2?

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Hi Vipul,

Phones and MGCP gateways are registered to CM_1 (GMGroup1).

If the route list registered to CMGroup1 (CM_1, like phones and gateways), call cannot be completed.

If the route list registered to CMGroup2 (CM_3), call can be completed.

Rgds,

hoanghiep

Select the "Run on All Nodes" option instead on the Route List.

Chris

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use cmg1 and run the dialed number analyzer, emulating a call to a pstn number. And see what the call logic is and more importantly, which routelist and gateway,, let us know the result

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

When using DNA, I can see that the call logic is just OK as my thought, the call can reach the right route list, route group and voice gateway. But in fact calls didnot work.

I had tried "Run on all Nodes" checkbox but got no result.

Really confused!!!

Hi

Typically if there is a failure to proceed with a cal on a particular subscriber, it's because:

- The dial plan for your country (if you are using @ in your route patterns) have not been activated on that particular subscriber (via call routing/dial plan installer after browsing to that sucsriber)

- Replication is not working properly to that subsriber (try 'utils dbreplication runtimestate')

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

We don't use @ in our route patterns.

Replication is working properly (when running the command as you instructed, the Status was Connected, Match; and all the servers have the same state)

Thanks for your instruction anyway.

Regards,

Hiep

collect the call manager traces, i wanna see why its blocking it.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal