Views
Helpful
Replies

Route next hop by calling party

Shri2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

As we know "Route next hop by calling party" feature in Translation pattern is wildly used to block/allow calls based on calling number. There are tons of doc in web on how to implement the same.

I am trying to use this feature to implement one request.

Can i know what all are valid next hop when we check mark "Route next hop by calling party" ?

if we implement in such a way so that Route pattern becomes next hop, is it valid ?

Whenever i am doing above config ( create a route pattern with calling number ), then call goes to g/w with called number as calling number.

Did anyone observed this ?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Shri2 
Can you please outline the call scenario that you're trying to achieve for us to better help you?

Response Signature

Outside --> Cluster1( In this cluster)---> cluster2/3 based on calling number.
Once call comes to cluster1, i am trying to match below TP
T.P : \+.!
partition : inbound_pt
css : filter_css
chec mark : route next hop by calling number

then trying to match below R.P
R.P : \+32! ( filter_pt ) --> R.L--> Cluster2
R.P : \+1! ( filter_pt)--> R.L ---> Cluster3

So as you see, trying to send calls to different cluster based on calling number. As you see, my next hop is R.P.

Outside--> Cluster1 --> cluster 2 or 3, based on calling number.

With below number for above call flow, call reaches to cluster2 with called number as +3212121212
Calling number : +3212121212
Called number : +9189898989

So, i am suspecting, next hop has to be T.P if we want to use "route next hop by calling number" feature.

I think you need to modify you call flow to this.

T.P : \+!
partition : inbound_pt
css : route_by_calling_css
check mark : route next hop by calling number

T.P : \+!
partition : route_by_calling_pt
css : filter_css

then match below R.P
R.P : \+32! ( filter_pt ) --> R.L--> Cluster2
R.P : \+1! ( filter_pt)--> R.L ---> Cluster3

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, I understand your suggestion will work. I was curious, why cant next hop be R.P.
Is there any Cisco doc which says next hop has to be T.P when leveraging "Route next hop by calling number" ?

The function route by calling number only works with translation patterns. First (to turn on route by calling number) and second call routing logic has to be TPs, then it can be DNs, RPs or any other configuration item for call routing.

Response Signature