cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern Matching causing slowness?

I created a new SIP Trunk for TIE line to another Vendor PBX.  This trunk is selected with a pattern than is 51.xxxx with drop pre dot and forward the xxxx.  Works just fine.   However, when folks now dial 5xxx for an internal extension, connect time may be 10 secs or more since I added the new Patter 51.xxxx.   I suspect that 5123 is causing the system to match first with 51 and it is timing out waiting for two more digits to finally match with the internal pattern.  How to resolve this and speed things up?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You created overlapping, the behavior is completely expected if your internal dial plan starts with 5, or has numbers with 51 and you created a RP that also uses 51. Choosing 51 for the RP was a very bad choice.

Use something else on that RP that DOES NOT overlap with your dial plan to fix this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You created overlapping, the behavior is completely expected if your internal dial plan starts with 5, or has numbers with 51 and you created a RP that also uses 51. Choosing 51 for the RP was a very bad choice.

Use something else on that RP that DOES NOT overlap with your dial plan to fix this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie.   I get the overlap, but I had no real other options.   All first digits are in use and the extension ranges on both side of the tie line are such that I cant write a more specific pattern match.  Any first digit I use will have a conflict.   Interesting that the other PBX a ShoreTel, would not allow you to use 5 as a trunk access code and also as a first digit as an extension, but CISCO will.  This is very powerful, but the penalty is the interdigital time out parameter.   

Thanks for you excellent work and all you do.